Translate

08 March 2015

#15: Keirsey temperament revisited

 While reading about the INFP personality type in relationships , there were quite a bit of things that I agreed with. Like, 

  • "INFP's dream of the perfect relationship ... playing and replaying scenarios in their heads of how things will be." 
I agree with this statement because, when there's a potential partner in my life, I will spends loads of time creating situations and experiences that I really want to happen. Half the time I don't even notice that I'm daydreaming about these things , i'll see something in a movie or read it in a book and i'll implement myself and said significant other into the situation and i'll be taken out of reality for a while. 


  • "INFP's share a sincere belief in the idea of relationships - that two people can come together and make each other better and happier than they were alone , and they will take great efforts to show support and affection in order to make this deal a reality."
I sincerely believe that there is someone out there for everyone. Someone to help them grow, and learn new things about themselves and the world. Though im not so sure if I believe this in relation to myself, but thats a whole different situation. 

  • "But INFP's arent necessarily in a rush to commit - they are , after all, prospecting types, and are almost always looking to either establish a new relationship or improve an existing one -  they need to be sure they've found someone compatible." 
At this point in time, even though I'm very young, I find it extremely hard to think about fully committing myself to one person. I just like people, I dont care what genitals you have or what gender you identify as, if I feel connection with you then thats it, but this also means that there are a plethora of potential partners at any given time and that just makes me want to isolate myself and send relationship stuff in the other direction. I enjoy making friends, I dont go looking for the opportunity to make friends but if presents itself than I'm all for it. With the friends I do have , I like to make sure that I have a mostly stable relationship with them and I'm always looking for ways to make the friendship stronger. 
  • "People with this personality type are generous in their affection, with a clear preference for putting the pleasure of their partners first..." 
I'm a very tactile person , I love being hugged and kissed and touched and I love reciprocating it as well. (This doesn't mean that I'm walking around making out with people and copulating with everyone I see) . While most people hate being pushed and pulled and poked and prodded, I thrive in it. To me, it means that I was a thought in someones mind at some point in time and that makes me happy. I never not hug someone or hold someones hand or kiss someone on the cheek because that person needs it or wants it for some reason a, maybe thats the only source of affection someone is getting that day, I will gladly give it to them. To make them happy, for that one short moment at least. 


But, there were also some things I didn't agree with:
  • "In dating, INFP's will often start with a flurry of comparisons, exploring all the ways the current flame matches with the ideal they've imagined." 
I dont agree with this because , I haven't got an outline of a person I see myself with, I dont have a perfect person I imagine. If I like you, than I like you the way you are. I won't compare my potential partners with anyone or anything because there is nothing or no one to compare them to. 
  • "While INFP's are well-meaning, not everyone appreciates what can come across as constantly being told that they need to improve - or, put another way, that they aren't good enough." 
This just goes back to , if I like you  then i'll like you for who you are. If my potential partner is trying to better themselves for their own benefit than thats great and I would 100% do anything I can to help, but I'm not going to be the one to tell them that they're not good enough. That they need to improve who they are. If I dont like what someone does or who someone is, then I'm most likely not going to pursue a relationship with them, I'm not going to go into a relationship with the hope of changing them and making them into a "new and improved" person. 


  • "INFP's should practice what they preach , and focus on improving their ability to respond to criticism with calm objectivity , rather than irrational accusations and weaponized guilt." 
I like to think that I let things roll off of me pretty easily. Although sometimes I dwell on certain things that are said about me, I dont think I take everything too up the butt. I tend to not take things very serious, like mean comments or insulting jokes, and just go with the flow. I think ive more or less always been this way. (I hope) 

No comments:

Post a Comment