Translate

29 January 2015

#11: Taxes

For my first tax estimate I put that I was a single 25 year old home owner with no children. My taxable wages are $66,469.00. I donate $200.00 to charity. I don't pay childcare expenses. I put in $400.00 to energy efficient improvements. I paid college tuition expenses and I didn't qualify for American Opportunity Credit.




When I estimated my taxes for the second time, I kept everything exactly the same except for the fact that I now had 4 kids. 2 kids age 16 or under and 2 kids aged 17 - 23. The amount of taxes due changed from $7,729.00 to $2,956.00. Thats a $4,773.00 difference. 

The third time I estimated my taxes , I changed everything back to what it was originally. No kids. Then I changed that fact that I was single, to being married. That changed my amount of taxes due from $7,729.00 to $5,979.00. Thats a difference of $1,750.00.




No comments:

Post a Comment